THE FOLLOWING IS NOT FOR JOB SEEKERS. IF YOU ARE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT, THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE FOLLOWING APPLIES ONLY TO HIRING COMPANIES / CLIENTS WHO ARE CURRENTLY UTILIZING THE SERVICES OF STERLING-HOFFMAN LIFE SCIENCES, OR ARE CONSIDERING THE USE OF STERLING-HOFFMAN LIFE SCIENCES’ SERVICES.
This disclaimer is hereby addressed to all companies and/or hiring managers that contact or engage Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences or its affiliates for the purpose of filling employment positions (independent of seniority, function, salary, or employment status) with their respective companies (all such clients/hiring managers are hereinafter referred to as ‘CLIENTS’). Please read the following terms and conditions before contacting our firm
Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is a recruitment & staffing firm that will assist you in identifying ‘candidates’ (people who may have an interest in employment with your company on a permanent or temporary basis). Unless otherwise specified in a fee agreement agreed to by both Client and Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences, our fee is 33% of a candidate’s first year’s compensation, including base salary and bonuses. Unless otherwise specified in a fee agreement signed by both parties, any fees due to Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences are in consideration of the REFERRAL OF THE CANDIDATE and are payable in full immediately upon one of the following events (whichever occurs sooner):
A. Signing of a formal offer letter of employment by a candidate we refer to you;
Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences will endeavor to refer candidates who fit the description you have provided. However, Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is not responsible for any of the following:
B. Issuance of an invoice from Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences to your company;
C. First formal date of employment by a candidate we refer to you;
Unless otherwise specified in a fee agreement signed and agreed to by both parties, Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is not obligated to perform any form of reference checking, background checking, education verification, screening or interviewing with a candidate we refer to any Client, EXCEPT to verify that the candidate has a bonafide interest in discussing potential employment with that specific client. A Client may not refuse to pay the referral fee on the basis of unsatisfactory screening procedures.
- On the job performance of the candidate while with your company;
- The duration of employment of any candidate we refer to you;
- Any damages you suffer as a result of hiring a candidate referred by Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences;
- Whether or not the candidate appears for work after signing the offer letter
As a Client, you will at all times have complete control, authority, and 100% decision making power over the following:
Conversely, Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences will have no right or involvement in decisions concerning the above items except to provide opinions/commentary when specifically asked by a Client on the same. Therefore, Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is not responsible for ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED DETAILS. Once again, Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is not responsible in any way for the performance of a candidate we refer to your company and any fees you pay are in consideration of the referral.
- Whether to interview (on the phone or in person) a candidate we refer;
- Whether to incur any expenses related to interviewing a candidate we refer;
- Whether or not to extend an offer to a candidate we refer, and what the terms of that offer (including salary, bonus, benefits, job title, reporting structure, stock options, etc.) should be;
- What responsibilities to assign to the candidate and how to incent / motivate / reward / discipline the candidate while he/she is employed with your company